Thursday, December 10, 2009

Expectations without action

Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect. - (Margaret Mitchell)

When it comes to our expectations of life, there are two kinds of people "those who want" and "those who do." Those who do, decide what they want in life and then change their expectations and actions to achieve it. Those who want, decide what they want in life and then change their expectations but not their actions. Those who just expect to make more money but don't work for it, fall into this second category. Those who invest in themselves and put in the hard work to achieve it fall into the first category. I see so many people who expect for everything in life to be taken care of. They say things like:

I expect the government to help me.
I expect my family to support me.
I expect my boss to give me a raise.

Unfortunately, life (i.e. the government, family or your boss) has no obligation to give you what you expect. If you expect a better life but your actions do not support your expectations, then you will never achieve what you expect. It is only when your beliefs and expectations match your actions that you will achieve the level of success you "expect" in life. So STOP expecting and START acting!

No comments: